Standard First Aid
This course covers everything a basic responder needs to know about providing Standard First Aid for a variety of common medical emergencies that occur in adults and children (Pediatric).
-Typical course length is 60 min.
-Exam may be taken as many times as needed to pass!
-Certification is Nationally Accredited and good for 2 years.
-Print your wallet certification card immediately upon completion!
Items covered in this course:
- Recognizing an Emergency
- Emergency Action Steps
- Checking for Scene Safety
- Preventing Disease Transmission and Universal Precautions
- Checking the Victim for Consciousness
- Moving a Victim
- Reporting to EMS
- Obtaining a SAMPLE history
- Secondary Assessment (Head to Toe Examination)
- Caring for Shock
- Bleeding and Wound Management
- Poisoning and Drug Overdose
- Environmental Related Illnesses
- Muscle, Bone, and Joint Injuries
- Medical Emergencies
- General Illnesses
- Heart Attack
- Breathing Emergencies, i.e. asthma, COPD
- Diabetic Emergencies