Bloodborne Pathogens and Infection Control
This course provides OSHA compliant training (BBP Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030) covering the most common infectious diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B. It explains the process of disease transmission including bloodborne and airborne pathogens. It also covers Universal Precautions and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when handling and disposing infectious materials.
-Typical course length is 30 min.
-Exam may be taken as many times as needed to pass!
-Certification is Nationally Accredited and good for 2 years.
-Print your wallet certification card immediately upon completion!
Items covered in this course:
- Defining Infectious Diseases
- Common Diseases
- HIV and HBV Modes of Transmission
- When an Exposure Occurs
- Universal Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment and Engineering Controls
- Hands and Face Protection
- Hygiene Practices
- Hepatitis B (HBV) Immunization
- Labeling of Containers
- Collection and Storage Requirements
- Bio-Hazardous Spill Cleanup Procedure